Friday, May 18, 2012

Weekend Biz-niz!

So this weekend - I, the "day job / 9 to 5er" half of this partnership, have a mission to finish 3 cushion covers so they are ready to give to their intended recipients next week. Meaning 2 of them will be ahead of their "can I have them by..." deadline, get me and my super efficiency!

I also have the parents coming over, they are also delivering the cushion pads for said cushion covers. So I'd need to clean the house, do laundry and grocery shopping and bake something to enjoy with a cup of tea while they're here for a couple of hours. I like to bake chocolate based products - don't judge me - it's what I like. I figure if I enjoy making it then hopefully the end product will reflect that enjoyment and usually it does!

My signature bake is Beetroot Brownies, yeah you read that right....beetroot....in brownies! All I'm saying is dont knock it til you've tried it, They're deeeee-lish!
The one thing I will say is if you fancy giving them a go and you decide to follow that recipe in the link they will in NO WAY be cooked in 25 mins, you're looking at somewhere around the 45mins mark I'd imagine. I make a half portion in a 8" square (I think it's 8", hang on I'll check.....no it's 7 1/2" square) as I was saying .... I use a 7 1/2" square baking tray and my brownies take about 30 mins to cook in a fan assisted oven.

I'd like to show you a picture of them but I don't have one, so unusual for me as I take pics of everything, in a personal documentary kind of way. So here's an idea, to spur me on to finishing the 3 cushions and baking the brownies I will post pictures of both on here by Sunday evening.

Check back to see if I did!
GD*BG



No comments:

Post a Comment