Sunday, May 13, 2012

STICKY BUN YUMMINESS

We at the GD*BG are not only into making THINGS...but we also like to make FOOD!!!!!

So... I thought I'd whip up a sensible breakfast this morning... so of course I consulted my Ina Garten cookbooks! (She's my FAVE!)  And I found her Sticky Buns recipe!!!

Well... a quick glance at the ingredients list, and we were in business!  I basically had all I needed!!!!

Firstly, my little helper got himself into his Apron....



We hadn't set the butter out, so I nuked it on the "soften cream cheese" setting to soften it a bit before it went into the mixer to be whipped up with brown sugar.   At first, I didn't realize the recipe was for two sheets of puff pastry (I knew I only had one) so I made too much topping.  But, heck, as we know, I'm a more-is-more, so I just overdid it!!  Dropped big ol' spoons of the butter/sugar goodness into 6 of the muffin holes.  Then sprinkled pecans on top.


Then I laid out a sheet of puff pastry (also thawed in the nuker, brushed it with melted butter, and covered it with brown sugar and cinnamon, and Sam sprinkled on the rest of a bag of pecans! (The recipe called for raisins, and while I like raisins, I don't care for them in m'cinnamon rolls...so I used pecans inside instead!)


We and I rolled up the puff-pastry and cut it into 6 pieces...


And with Sammy's help, put them into the muffin tin as well, gushing them down into the butter/sugar goodness!  And into the oven they went!!!


Whoa... buttery goodness! The house smells awesome!  These are by far the simplest cinnamon rolls or sticky buns EVER!!!


So pleased!  SUPER-DELISH!  
Thanks again, Ina!  Every time I make one of your recipes, I'm in love with you even more!!!

LONG LIVE THE STICKY BUNS!!!!


Enjoy! And Happy Mother's Day!

GD*BG
--follow us on the Twitter!  @GD_BG--

No comments:

Post a Comment