Sunday, May 13, 2012

Adorable Pinafore for Baby O

I was SOOOOOO enamored with this adorable pinafore when I saw it, that I was obsessed with making it for my little O!


I printed out the simple and user-friendly pattern, with a little Transatlantic help from my counterpart, BG! (See, I was accidentally printing on the "fit to page" setting, and then the pattern pieces weren't matching up... but we figured out that I needed to print at 100% and problem solved!  I know... not my most brilliant moment... but I'm not afraid to air my flaws live for you here on this blog!  I'll make the mistakes so you don't have to!  You're welcome!)

So, the pinafore is two-sided! I'm not really into "reversible" per se,  but I liked this idea because I wouldn't have to finish any raw-edges on the inside of the garment! (Daddy doesn't have a serger!) Yay!  I selected a vintage print --that may or may not have been from a pillow case that I found in an old mansion-- (Yes!) for the outside/main print...


...and cut my pieces....


Then I selected a sensible yellow gingham for the interior!  Cute! And complimentary!

I seamed the pieces together...


Then pinned right-sides together....


Stiched. Flipped. Ironed. And top-stitched for a crisp finish... et VOILA!!!! (Very pleased!)


Then I auditioned these giant white buttons :


 ...but then went with these adorable little green flowers that I found at JoAnn's!!


Well, it turned out super cute!  But it's way to big for my little newborn!  So, I then re-printed the pattern on 80% and made it again, this time in a festive Cat in the Hat print!!!!


And it fits!!!!



Yay!!!

So cute and simple!  The Cat in the Hat version took me just over an hour!  

Thanks again Maggie & your Smashed Peas and Carrots blog for such an adorable pattern and tutorial!!!!

GD*BG



No comments:

Post a Comment