Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Rosemary Simple Syrup

...sound like a drag name!  Ha!

Anyway.... Today I whipped up a little Rosemary Simple Syrup using fresh rosemary from my garden!  I'm obsessed with herby things!  I love a good Basil Mojito! I love Rosemary Butter Cookies! Lavender Shortbread! Rosemary Lemon Squares!  So much goodness....

And so tonight, I'm hoping to make this delightful-looking cocktail made with Gin, Lemon Juice, and Rosemary Simple Syrup!!!  I mean... c'mon!!!!

Sounds so great and so simple, and all I needed was the syrup....




I wanted plenty, so I used 1 cup of water, 1 cup of sugar, and 1/2 cup of rosemary (that'd been ground tiny in my coffee/spice grinder....)

I threw those 3 ingredients into a pan and brought it to a boil, making sure the sugar completely dissolved, then I took it off the heat and let it steep for 45 minutes! (I actually got busy and forgot and so it steeped a little longer... no biggie!)

I poured the mixture through a very fine strainer, put it in a quaint little jar, added another fresh sprig of Rosemary for visual pleasingness and that's that!!!





         Yay and yay!
  I'm sure it'll be delightful!!!

Hope you make your own!!!

                  ✻

             GD*BG


No comments:

Post a Comment