Friday, May 25, 2012

For the love of letters

Phew what a week, we FINALLY got the sunshine we, in England, have all been craving, it's been a scorcher of a week! I've been busy at work but as always trying to keep up with what's going on in the world of craft and creation via various social media and web sites. Then it struck me there's been a bit of a theme running through my creative outlook this week: 

Letters and how much I love them.

I am a major fan of typography (it's in my blood I guess, my dad trained and worked for many years as a typesetter in the printing industry and my brother is a graphic designer). I am also a fan of paper cuts; I've just attempted my first design/paper cut for a friend. I'll have to blog about that creation in another post as it was a card and the celebratory day isn't until tomorrow.  

I saw this on the web, such a great idea, a beautiful thing/s to create and amazing finished pieces of art.

Then I was walking down a street in the neighbourhood where I've been working in this week and this was on display in a window:

by the jewellery artist Jen Ricketts

Again lettering and masks. (Masks - another love of mine) Jen has created these out of metal and they are so intricate and detailed. I love them. They looked fantastic with the sunlight reflecting off the metal.

So this weeks theme has definitely had a typography theme. I've also used my drawing skills to help create 3 hand drawn posters for a charity exhibition and auction. I'll try and get some images of them as I loved contributing to the creation of them.

Oh finally there's a new fabric tree "growing" on the south bank in London, I will try and visit and photograph this next week as it certainly looks - from the pictures I've seen so far - like a GD*BG kinda thing!

Happy weekend all! 
GD*BG

No comments:

Post a Comment