Thursday, May 10, 2012

Operation JET PACK has begun!!!

So, my counterpart, BG, found this brilliantly genius jetpack idea and sent it to me... I wasted almost NO time in making it for my 3.5 year old son!!!

We started it today.... it went a little like this:


First, we got two empty 2-liter soda bottles...


...and put them on plant-stakes in the backyard....



We spray-painted them SILVER using leftover spray paint from another project...



While the bottles dried, I started the "back-plate" to which everything would attach.  I used a scrap of cardboard from the recycling bin, and cut some slits for the straps...



I even covered the cardboard in duct-tape to give it a more "metally" look...


I set the backplate aside (because I wanted instant-grat!) and started cutting some flames from orange, red, and yellow felt...


...to make the rocket booster blasts....

(I'm a more-is-more kinda guy, so I made 4 layers of flames, alternating jaggy and rounded and gradually decreasing in size.  I wanted to maximize the JetPack Blast Power!  Only the best for my little Sammy!)

Now, because I don't really have any awesome glue around, I roughly stitched the flames to each other....


...'til I got a pleasing look....


Then my Sam fell asleep watching DUMBO....



So the whole project is on hold until later today or maybe tomorrow....

Check back for the final steps as well as a ROCKET MAN PHOTO SHOOT!!!!!

See you soon!
GD*BG




No comments:

Post a Comment