Friday, February 22, 2013

Sneaker embroidery

And by that I mean I embroidered a picture of a sneaker not that I actually embroidered a sneaker! Though that's a thought!!

I have an hour (or longer) commute to work each day, 45mins of which is on one train so I have the chance to read or write or sometimes draw. A while back I decided to draw shoes worn by commuters - quick sketches of interesting footwear an then sometimes, when I got home or in the return journey work into them in more detail. Which resulted in the sketch you can see below.

Then, because I like to have a craft or sewing project on the go at all times I decided to duplicate it but as an embroidery. This gave me the opportunity to experiment with new stitches and threads, I think it turned out pretty well.

GD*BG










No comments:

Post a Comment